Thursday, February 23, 2012

Skinny Bastard

I just read Skinny Bastard by the folks who wrote Skinny Bitch. I have to say I have a strong stomach and am not usually moved to tears however, reading their descriptions of animals in slaughterhouses just reaffirmed plant strong all the way.

On the weekend I was introduced to a new vegan cookbook called Veganomicon which is awesome. There are lots of great recipes in there with a fair amount that don't include soy which is nice for a change. I try to keep my soy consumption to once per week.

Yesterdays meal was quinoa falafels on romaine lettuce leaves with a red wine vinaigrette. It was awesome. Today's breakfast was a big bowl (high fibre/high protein cereal) with hemp milk, and pink grapefruit. Snack was carrots, celery, and peppers with hummus. For lunch I am having some dirty rice and for dinner I am having more quinoa falafels.

Exercise has been a struggle, on Saturday I did some kettle bells, push ups and planks. The kettle bell swings killed my legs. Sunday I attempted P90X2 Yoga but kids got in the way so I ended up doing a bunch of pushups and sit ups. Monday was a holiday here so I took the kids on a long walk down to the Marsh by our house on the lake. The rest of the week it has not happened. This must change.


No comments:

Post a Comment