Sunday, September 4, 2011

September 4

Yesterday I went to a birthday party for one of my son's school friends. One of the mothers who I know well showed up with her kids. I bent down and started talking to the kids she didn't recognize me and was wondering who the stranger was talking to her kids. She couldn't get over the transformation I had gone under in the last month or so. That certainly helps with the motivation. Not that I am doing this for others but it sure doesn't hurt when you get complemented.

The other thing that was cool was I was sitting at the computer with my wife and I put on the Ted Talks with Rip and also a youtube video of Rip's dad and she then agreed to watch Forks over Knives on Netflix. She then agreed that this diet was the way to go and has agreed to join me. That is cool.

Last night for dinner we had chickpea (garbanzo), mushroom and swiss chard tacos! The tacos were raw tacos (dehydrator tacos). IT was an awesome supper and quite filling. My wife has made the point though and I agree that we need salad with every meal including meals that are salads! :-)

Hope everyone else is going plant strong!!

2 comments:

  1. We watched FoK today, it was good! My boyfriend is also doing some serious thinking about what he is eating. I sure would like that taco recipe, can you share it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! My husband was on the Flat Belly Diet last spring and he lost a lot of weight, but I didn't lose any, well eight pounds. But I didn't feel good like I do on this diet. I was so relieved the other night when my husband said that he was fine eating whatever I cooked and that a healthier diet was the way to go. It is so much easier when everyone in the house is on the same page. It makes life less complicated and that is what I need! Thanks for your post! Congrats on the transformation!

    ReplyDelete