Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 32

Still going strong. I have been eating in a lot of restaurants with people who insist on waving meat in my face thinking it will tempt be back to the dark side but I have to be honest it is not working. I am happy with my diet and what I am eating. I like feeling young and energetic.

I have to say my workouts have not started as of yet. I have been very tired and not getting enough sleep (new bed is not working out). The forecast for this weekend is not looking like it is going to be very helpful either it is supposed to be raining not very good for biking.

Tonight's dinner is cream of cauliflower without the cream. The recipe uses almond milk. If its any good I will post the recipe, so far I think it is kind of bland but we will see after it is done simmering.

Next week is the first week of school here in Canada so my little ones are gearing up to go back. I think once we get them on track it will help me get the time I need in order to get the workouts on track.

I am still contemplating Jonny's challenge for 1 year. My debate is do I accept the challenge which in my mind means no meat at all or do what I originally planned which is once in a blue moon having some seafood on dates with my wife. Is it cheating to take the challenge and then occasionally have seafood?

1 comment:

  1. It's tough to decide - to say no animal products ever or to say ok, a few times per year. I am also having trouble with that decision. I thought I might relax the rules a bit on days like my birthday, or when we go somewhere on vacation. The question is whether I can maintain eating 99% plant based without slipping back into old habits after the 'relax the rules' events. In the end, you have to figure out what is going to work for you in the long term.

    ReplyDelete