Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 31

Day 31 and still going strong. I went to see my naturopath yesterday to determine if I am doing everything right and getting everything I need on my new diet. The only thing I think I need to be concerned about is protein. She suggested I should be getting about 30mg of Iron per day as plant iron isn't absorbed as readily as animal iron.

The other thing I learned is that there are certain veggies and fruits you need to consume in smaller quantities when consumed raw as they can interfere with thyroid function. Follow this link to see more: http://www.ithyroid.com/goitrogens.htm

I thought that it was a joke and then I did more research and yes it is true. I wonder why I have never seen this mentioned in any of the raw books I have read.

So tomorrow starts Day 1 of 28 days of exercise. The rules are simple - 30 minutes of exercise that increases my heart rate to the target range. I need to combine, cardio, strenghth and flexibility training.

I like changing things one habit at a time. It makes like much easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment