Sunday, August 21, 2011

It's Been Awhile

I must apologize for not updating this page in awhile but I have been travelling in San Francisco for a large family get together. I am still fully plant strong and plan on continuing being plant strong after the 28 days are done.

It has helped that I rented an apartment in San Francisco for my family to stay in so I had full access to a kitchen and lots of Whole Foods and Trader Joes so breakfasts and lunches have been easy. I thought that the parties we were going to would be challenging but I had my vegan protein bars just in case. As it turned out the organizers had very thoughtfully asked the restaurant to make a vegan plate for me which was awesome. The other big event was a at a cousins house and there were so many awesome salads and vegan food.

I have to say I am so jealous of people on the West Coast and their ability to grow fresh fruits and veggies pretty much all year round. At my cousins house yesterday he had a garden with the following: Appples, Pears, Oranges, Lemons, Pomegranites, Artichokes, 2 kinds of Kale, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Peppers, Strawberries, Lettuce and all kinds of other greatness. He said that a lot of it will grow most of the year. I have to say Southwestern Ontario in Canada sucks when it comes to our ability to grow food. We have maybe three good months.

I have loved being plant strong, I found that I had very little jet lag (normally I suffer quite badly), I can't go back to sleep in the mornings even when my kids wake me up very early because I am too wide awake. I have lost around 15 pounds and am continuing to lose weight.

I hope everyone else is cranking along.


No comments:

Post a Comment