Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 28

Day 28 and feeling strong. I am now turning my attention towards 28 days of exercise and refining my vegan diet. I think like some of the others I want to start incorporating more raw into my diet.

I am now gearing up to start 28 days of exercise. To be honest up to this point I have never really enjoyed a formal exercise regime for longer than two or three weeks. Throughout my life I have been relatively active, walking, playing with kids, going for bike rides, but I know it is not enough exercise. I need to do at least 30 minutes a day of both cardio and strength training. This is equally as important as diet.

I am going to do cycling for cardio, because I can't stand running (sorry to the runners out there (Dave)). As well my body is not ideally built for running (I am 6'3" tall and currently weighing in at 226 pounds). I have read in several places that the ideal height and weight for runners is short and light. Otherwise there is too much stress on the body.

For weights I will be doing 30 mins to 60 mins of the P90X weight programs. The other thing I need to incorporate is yoga as I am not too flexible...Cycling I will be riding 25-50 KMs per session at an average speed of 25 KMs/Hour. Goal is to have my heart rate in the target zone for 30 minutes to 60 minutes.

I will continue this blog and incorporate both new diet and workout information.

Jeremy

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up - you've been doing an awesome job! You might try TRX for your workouts. I really enjoy it and I can bring it along with me on work travel. Just google TRX Training. I also try to reward myself with new songs for the iPod if I've met my workout goals for the week, etc. etc. I'm continuing with a 2nd 28 days as well - I hope our group stays together because its been inspiring.

    ReplyDelete