Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 1

So far Day 1 has been pretty painless. I had a nice smoothie this morning: Apple, Orange, Banana, Blueberries, spinach and Vega Whole Food Smoothie Infuser for protein. This is my normal breakfast so not a stretch. I then spent several hours in the blazing sun working in the yard which helped take my mind off things.

Lunch was a half of a whole wheat pita, 2 TBSPs of hummus, cucumber, yellow pepper, lettuce and sprouts. On the side were two large carrots. Very delicious though I am sure not enough to carry me to dinner.

I have to say I am starting to get a nice caffeine withdrawal headache which is to be expected with no coffee. The green tea with honey didn't cut it according to my head.

The challenge today will be in a few hours we have about 16 people coming over for a backyard BBQ and I am the one doing the cooking. For the guests it will be a meat fiesta for me it will be grilled portobello mushrooms ala E2. I have been eating these probably once a week since getting the book and they are awesome.

One of my favorite snacks/meals is BBQ tofu. I got this recipe from a Moosewood cookbook. Moosewood is this awesome Vegan/Veggie restaurant in New York State. They have published a lot of books with vegan/vegetarian recipes that are very good. Basically you mix 1 tablespoon of sesame oil with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, toss cubed firm tofu in it. Then you bake it at 350 for 20 minutes or so and voila some awesome stuff.

Hope everyone else is enjoying the first day.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! Hope the caffeine withdrawal gets better! It hit me on day two when I stopped it! Once you get through the headache it gets so much easier. Stretching exercises also helped me deal with the pain. Good luck and Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete