Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 29

I feel plant strong, healthy and happy. I see this as a lifestyle not as a diet. Today I weighed in and I am at 226 versus my starting point of 245 so down 19 pounds in 28 days. That is pretty exciting. My belt has been tightened by a notch and a large part of my wardrobe is opening up again!

I think going vegan for 28 days will be far easier than exercising for 28 days but that will start on September 1st. Why the 1st? It just makes the math easier! :-)

Last night to celebrate the end of my 28 days I had a kale salad and collard wraps

Kale Salad
1 bunch of kale de-stemmed
1 lemon juiced
1 tsp of olive oil
1/4 cup of dried cranberries
1/4 cup of toasted pine nuts

Massage the kale with lemon juice and olive oil and let stand for a couple of minutes, mix in the cranberries and pine nuts and you are good to go.

Collard Wraps
1 bunch of collard leaves
1 cup (uncooked) quinoa
sliced: peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and green onions
hummus

blanch the collard leaves
place quinoa and toppings on top of leaves roll and eat

Very healthy and very yummy.

Breakfast this morning was a smoothie (apple, orange and left over collard leaves along with VEGA Smoothie Infuser)

Lunch will likely be a big salad and dinner will be brown rice and lentil pilaf with BBQ'd veggies.


No comments:

Post a Comment