Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 4

Starting my day with Rip's Big Bowl. I have to say this thing fills me up until lunch time and is really really tasty.

Yesterday at the Raw Vegan restaurant I mentioned our quest to go Vegan for 28 days and they indicated that if I can make it the 28 days I should come back and show them the results and then "work" for them for a couple of days to learn the secrets of making some really yummy raw food. I think I will have to take them up on this.

Lunch was some ezekiel spaghetti with a tomato sauce with sautéed onions, garlic, zucchini and baby spinach. It turned out really well.

Dinner was dinosaur kale wraps. You take the kale and rub it with lemon juice and salt. After it sits for a few minutes it becomes pliable and easy to eat. Then you put quinoa and whatever veggies you like inside. I used julienned zucchini, julienned cucumber, thinly sliced green onions, avocado and tomatoes.

Then I had a snack of Ezekiel English muffin with peanut butter.

All in all a satisfying day. My stomach has hurt for the last two days and I have been pretty sleepy but other than that going strong. Good luck to everyone else and here comes day 5.

Sorry no pictures today as I dropped my blackberry and it is now no more.




2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your blackberry! My cell bit the dust last week. I feel empty handed and naked without it! I totally agree about Rip's Big Bowl. Love it and it sticks with me till lunch and then some!!! If you learn yummy raw secrets please share!!! Your meals sound inspiring and delicious! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch on the phone! I've got an iPhone and it would just about kill me to part with it! Love the offer you got from the vegan restaurant - you should definitely take them up on it! Then come here and share your tips with all of us :)

    ReplyDelete