Sunday, July 31, 2011

1 Day Left!!

I can not believe there is only 1 day left until 28 days of veganism! I think the hardest part of this will be business meals and my family vacation. As well I am a compulsive snacker so that will be tough as well.

I have been pouring through some vegan blogs and E2 and other vegan sources trying to come up with my meal plan for the week. The hard part will be as the main chef in the house I will have to prepare food for others that is not vegan. An example is tomorrow on the first of 28 days we are having 16 guest over for a BBQ and I am cooking the meat!!! Normally when I cook I like to sample to make sure it tastes good and is ready etc. Now I will have to leave that to my wife or others.

Breakfast will be the easiest as I have been eating smoothies for months using my trusty Vitamix Blender. If you don't know about Vitamix blenders they are amazing. They take whole fruits and vegetables and fully liquefy them. This apparently makes the nutrients in the fruits and vegetable more available then just chewing alone. Check out the link http://www.vitamix.com/. Often you can find them for sale at Costco for a pretty reasonable price (given they last forever). Normally my smoothies are, 1 orange, 1 lemon, 1 apple, 1 banana, 1 cup of frozen blueberries, 3 ice cubes, 1 cup of spinach, 1 cup of hemp milk and 2 servings of Vega Whole Food Smoothie Infuser (http://myvega.com/products/whole-food-smoothie-infusion/features-benefits). I share this with my spouse so it makes two servings.

Dinner is also fairly easy as we usually eat fairly healthy meals, though they contain meat maybe 4 nights a week. So I will have to look at eliminating these from my rotation if not the rotation of the family.

Lunch will be tough. Most of my lunches are in restaurants with customers and I have to say most of the restaurants around where I live have very poor vegetarian options let alone vegan. I am going to try to stick to places like thai or mexican which have reasonable veggie options.

The other guideline (not rule because I am not a fan of hard and fast rules) is that if I am served something at someone's house I will eat it as I don't wish to offend people. That being said I like a recommendation I saw on a website which is to offer to bring something and make it vegan so you can eat it! :-)

Well off to do my grocery shopping....good luck to the rest of the 28 dayers heading into the first day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment